Happy Valentines Day my lovelies!
In the spirit of Valentines Day, I’ve decided to post a pink-inspired health/fitness recipe.
These are not as tasty as candy hearts or chocolate covered strawberries…but these are a great post-workout snack, or anytime snack when you need a quick bust of protein. Also a great snack to bring with you on the road – and hey, they’re cute and pink.
This recipe is inspired from the many protein recipes I’ve encountered (as I definitely could not have come up with it on my own). My favourite protein recipes usually come from Oxygen Magazine, Hers Muscle and Fitness, as well as the occasional post on Pinterest.
This recipe is not vegan friendly. In the past I’ve tried to substitute whey protein for plant protein and vice versa, but the recipe never really turns out properly. If you do have a vegan alternative, please post it below so everyone can try!
Pink Valentine Protein Muffins
- 1½ cup of Egg Whites
- ¾ cup of Maple Syrup Flavoured Whey Protein Powder
- ¾ cup of Instant Oats
- 3/8 cup of Cottage Cheese
- 3 Tbsp of Coconut Flour
- 1 ½ tsp of Baking Powder
- Diced Strawberries
- 4 drops of Red Food Colouring
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F.
- Blend all the ingredients except for strawberries and blueberries in a blender (I used a vitamix) or food processor until smooth.
- Use a muffin tin and place paper cups in place. Pour batter into the 12 muffin cups.
- Place as many strawberries and blueberries on top of each muffin. (I used about 3 blueberries and 3-5 pieces of strawberries).
- Bake muffins for 15 minutes, until fully cooked through. Let muffins cool before eating.